Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ballroom Dance Showcase 2011

Yesterday the girls danced in their first ever Ballroom Dance Showcase.  I took some short videos but I am having trouble figuring out how to download them to the blog.  They did an amazing job!  I know that they were very nervous but everyone loved them.  I had the pleasure of running in and out of the dressing room for all the costume changes!!  This was also the first time they have gotten to watch others dance in a formal setting.  It was alot of fun and we were all very tired after the night was over.  They each did 2 solo dances (Jive and Paso Doble) and then 2 group dances (Nina: Cha Cha and Viennese Waltz  Gini:  Slow Waltz and Samba).  We are so proud they were brave enough to dance and show everyone how much they have learned!

Dancing the Jive...


Dancing the Paso doble with Jeff and Mary in the outfits we brought home from Spain!


Girls with their teacher Mary

Girls in their Waltz Dresses (aka Ballroom Dresses)

Girls in their Latin Dresses.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tawni said...

I found your blog via Lee Ann. What the heck? Your kids are in ballroom? That is so great! I am a big ballroom fan.